One in every seventeen people has diabetes. many instances of blindness, amputation and deaths result from circulatory complications of diabetes. With a balanced diet, regular exercise, and homeopathic medicines diabetes we can control diabetes and also, we can prevent further complications.
Diabetes mellitus is a group of metabolic disorders in which the body does not produce efficient insulin, the hormone used to metabolize glucose (blood sugar). when glucose isn’t metabolized efficiently blood sugar level rises and this leads to impaired energy, growth, and immune response. overtime this can cause damage in the body and eventually leads to many organs’ failure including the heart, blood vessels, kidney nerves, and eyes
Diabetes is divided into two prevalent forms:
- Type 1 diabetes or insulin-independent or juvenile-onset is an autoimmune disease in which the body attacks its own cells.
- Type 2 diabetes or non-insulin-dependent seen in usually overweight people result of poor diet and lifestyle
Following changes in diet can help to maintain blood sugar levels.
- Eliminate sugar: Cut down sugar in all forms. Eliminating only raw sugar, candies and sweets is not enough. Avoid simple starches too such as pasta, white rice, and white bread. These are quickly converted into sugars by the body. Instead include complex carbohydrates like whole-wheat bread and brown rice in the diet which are converted into sugar much more slowly
- Avoid milk: Milk consumption in childhood can contribute to the development of type 1 diabetes. Certain proteins in milk resemble the pancreatic cells that secret insulin. In some cases, the immune system produces antibodies to milk protein that mistakenly destroy pancreatic cells.
- Fruits: Fruits are an important part of a diabetic diet. But choosing the correct fruit is also important. fruits with low sugar levels are beneficial like apples, berries, cherries, grapes, oranges peaches kiwi, etc. avoid fruits like pineapples, watermelon, dates, over-ripen bananas
- Avoid caffeine: Caffeine is a drug and interferes with normal blood sugar levels. Caffeine magnifies the effects of the hormone glucagon and adrenaline, causing more sugar from the liver to be secreted into the bloodstream which increases blood sugar levels.
- Exercise and weight control: Type 2 diabetes is purely associated with the overweight. Controlled weight means controlled diabetes. Simple exercises like walking, jogging, yoga, and Pranayama can make big difference in the general well-being of a person.
- Eating more fiber: There is a well-established reduction of sugar levels in people who consume extra dietary fiber. So, diabetics should eat lot more vegetables, fruits, and nuts with rich fiber resources.