Gallstones are hardened deposits of digestive fluid that can form in your gallbladder.
The gallbladder is a small, pear-shaped organ on the right side of your abdomen, just beneath your liver. The gallbladder holds a digestive fluid called bile that’s released into your small intestine.
Gallstones range in size from as small as a grain of sand to as large as a golf ball. Some people develop just one gallstone, while others develop many gallstones at the same time.
- Your bile contains too much cholesterol. if your liver excretes more cholesterol than your bile can dissolve, the excess cholesterol may form into crystals and eventually into stones.
- Your bile contains too much bilirubin. Bilirubin is a chemical that’s produced when your body breaks down red blood cells. Certain conditions cause your liver to make too much bilirubin, including liver cirrhosis, biliary tract infections and certain blood disorders. The excess bilirubin contributes to gallstone.
- Diabetes mellitus
- Age over 40
- Have a family history
- Use birth control pills and hormones replacement therapy.
- Have a diet high in fat and cholesterol but low in fibre
- Have intestinal diseases such as Crohn disease?
Signs And Symptoms :
- Stomach upset
- Digestive problems such as indigestion, heartburn and gas.
- Abdominal Pain (upper belly often on the right).
- Fever with chills
- Yellow skin and eyes
- Dark urine
- Abdominal pain is so intense that you can’t sit and still or find a comfortable position.
- Sudden and rapidly intensifying pain in the centre of the abdomen.
Homoeopathic Approach :
Gallstones can be cured by homoeopathy without surgical intervention, it treats the root cause thereby reducing the chances of its recurrence.
Also, pain arising from gallstones can be effectively managed with homoeopathy.
Commonly Indicated Homoeopathic Medicine :
- Chelidonium : Pain across the lower angle of the scapula. Pain in region of liver, extending quickly down across the navel into intestines intense pain in gallbladder. The tongue is yellow with an imprint of teeth.
- Lycopodium : Pain in liver region, recurrent bilious vomiting, dyspepsia due to fermented foods, cabbage, beans. Flatulence, hiccups, incomplete burning eructation
- Carduus Marianus : Liver enlarged, tongue white centre with red intended edges. Crawling sensation. Vomiting of green acid fluid. Constipation hard, difficult knotty alternate with diarrhoea.
- Nux Vomica : Indicated in alcoholics, Liver enlarged with stitch and soreness. Constipation, with frequent ineffectual urging, incomplete and unsatisfactory stools
- Belldonaa : Extreme sensitiveness to touch, abdomen tender swollen. Pain as if clutched by hand. indicated for violent and sudden pain
For appointment please call @ 020 27455480 / +91 9405 435 981