Loss Of Libido
Low libido or Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD) means decreased interest in sexual activity.
It’s natural for men to notice a gradual decrease in sex drive (libido) as they age.However, low libido for a long period of time may cause concern for some people. It can sometimes be an indicator of an underlying health condition.
Libido is dependent on many factors like your hormones, physical health, emotions, experiences, beliefs, lifestyle, and relationships. Any of these things can affect sex life.
- Ageing: The degree of this decline varies. But most men maintain at least some amount of sexual interest into their 60s and 70s.
- Decreased Testosterone levels
- Certain medications For example, antidepressans : corticosteroidsmay prevent ejaculation and erections.
- Mental disorders like depression, anxiety etc.
- Chronic illness like type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol , chronic lung, heart, kidney, and liver failure
- Obstructive sleep apnea or OSA ; causes decrease in testosterone levels leading to decreased sexual desire.
- Stress ;If you’re distracted by situations or periods of high pressure, sexual desire may decrease. This is because stress can disrupt your hormone levels. Your arteries can narrow in times of stress. This narrowing restricts blood flow and potentially causes ED.
- Exercise ; no exercise or even excessive exercise both affects the sexual desire.
- Alcohol, smoking or drugs like marijuana, opiates etc.
Homeopathic Approach :
Homeopathic medicines acts on whole body and on both mental and physical levels. Homeopathic medicines cure underline causes of low libido. Homeopathy helps to balance hormones in body. It helps to improve general well being of patient eventually improving sex life.
Homeopathic Medicines :
- AGNUS CASTUS :This remedy may be helpful if problems with low libido develop after a man has led a life of intense and frequent sexual activity for many years. A cold sensation felt in the genitals is a strong indication for Agnus castus. People who need this remedy are often very anxious about their health and loss of abilities, and may have problems with memory and concentration.
- SELENIUM : This remedy is often helpful to men who have diminished sexual ability, especially if the problem starts after a fever or exhausting illness. The person feels weak and exhausted, but interest is usually still present. Unusual hair-loss (body hair or eyebrows) can also suggest a need for Selenium.
- CALADIUM :This remedy may be helpful to a man whose genitals are completely limp, despite having sexual interest. Nocturnal emissions can occur without an erection, even if dreams are not sex-related. A person who needs this remedy often craves tobacco.
- LYCOPODIUM :People who need this remedy may have problems with erections because of worry, and can also be troubled by memory loss. They often lack self-confidence. People who need this remedy often have digestive problems with gas and bloating, and an energy slump in the late afternoon and evening.
For appointment please call @ 020 27455480 / +91 9405 435 981