What is PCOS?
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) is one of the most common problems affecting women.
The condition gets its name because there are often an increased number of small painless cysts in the ovaries (polycystic ovaries).
PCOS can affect the menstrual cycle, fertility, and hormone level as well as appearance including acne, facial hair growth and balding, overweight. Some women may suffer from depression.
PCOS is a multi-faceted problem with reproductive, endocrine, and metabolic dysfunction. With lifestyle modifications and homeopathic medications, it is treatable.
What Cause PCOS?
The cause of PCOS is still unknown. However, the association of PCOS with low-grade inflammation, excess insulin, production of male hormones (Hyperandrogenism) in high quantity, and genetics can be found. Also, the early age of menarche, unhealthy lifestyle and pollution are some of the contributing factors of PCOS.
- Irregular periods – A lack of ovulation prevents the uterine lining from shedding every month. Some women with PCOS get fewer than eight periods a year or none at all.
- Heavy bleeding – The uterine lining builds up for a longer period of time, so the periods you do get can be heavier than normal.
- Hair growth – More than 70 percent of women with this condition grow hair on their face and body including on their back, belly, and chest. Excess hair growth is called Hirsutism.
- Acne – Male hormones can make the skin oilier than usual and cause breakouts on areas like the face, chest, and upper back.
- Weight gain – Up to 80 percent of women with PCOS are overweight or have obesity.
- Male pattern baldness. Hair on the scalp gets thinner and may fall out.
- Darkening of the skin – Dark patches of skin can form in body creases like those on the neck, in the groin, and under the breasts.
How Do I Know I Have Pcos?
If you have irregular periods, delayed periods, scanty menses along with acne and unwanted hair growth, there is a chance you may have PCOS. Hair thinning and weight gain are also signs of PCOS though they could be caused by other factors as well. In a few women, heavy menstrual flow may also be present. Mood swings and irritability are also symptoms of PCOS. However, these symptoms will have to be supported by hormone tests and other medical investigations for proper diagnosis.
- Difficulty in conceiving- INFERTILITY.
- Increased risk for early onset of type 2 diabetes.
- Perinatal complications such as gestational diabetes and pre-eclampsia.
- Increased long-term risk of endometrial cancers.
- Other complications include increased cholesterol levels, high blood pressure, and even breast cancer.
Homeopathy Treatment For PCOS:
Homeopathy treatment for polycystic ovarian syndrome is quite effective in nature and certainly the best alternative medicine for this condition. Homeopathy focuses on the root cause of an ailment and works to correct hormonal imbalance, regularizing ovulation as well as restoring menstrual normalcy.
Homeopathy treatment for PCOS is an individualized treatment and therefore effectively addresses and helps to treat the associated symptoms of PCOS effectively and not just suppressing the symptoms.
Homeopathy can help to conceive normally.
The biological conflict linked to the ovaries is a loss conflict concerning the loss of a loved one. fear of losing a beloved person or the loss of a pet. Constant self-blame following a break-up or the death of someone close can keep the conflict-active. Women also suffer loss conflicts after miscarriages or coerced abortions. A loss conflict can be activated through an argument, betrayal, or unfaithfulness of a partner or friend.
Homeopathy Medicines For PCOS:
- Sepia: The menstrual symptom for Sepia is late and scanty menses. In most cases, this is accompanied by bearing down sensations in the pelvic region. The ovaries remain enlarged with fluid-filled cysts in them. Sepia acts very efficiently to regulate the menstrual cycle to appear at the proper expected time. Sepia can also be considered to treat infertility cases due to PCOS. Abnormal hair growth on the face, especially on upper lips, can also be well controlled with Sepia.
- Pulsatilla: It is especially beneficial for treating PCOS cases in females who suffer from suppressed periods for a long duration. In women requiring Pulsatilla, the periods when they appear remain very scanty and extremely painful. Pulsatilla removes the obstacles that cause the periods to be suppressed and the periods start to flow normally. Pulsatilla increases the body’s power and directs its path towards removing the obstacle, thus re-establishing the menstrual flow. Pulsatilla is of great help for young girls at puberty who suffer from PCOS with irregular periods.
- Calcarea Carb: Woman with PCOS suffers from profuse periods that are prolonged more than the usual duration. The women with PCOS facing the problem of weight gain and obesity are also the candidates requiring Calcarea Carb. Calcarea Carb helps such women in reducing excessive weight gain very efficiently. There are a few physical general symptoms to look out for while choosing to take Calcarea Carb. The first is excessive sweating on the head.
- Natrum Mur: Irregular and suppressed menstrual cycles. Natrum Mur benefits most women by regularizing their menstrual cycles. Natrum Mur should also be considered for women with difficulty in conception.
For appointment please call @ 020 27455480 / +91 9405 435 981