Laryngitis is an inflammation of your voice box(larynx) from overuse, irritation, or infection.
Inside the larynx are your vocal cords, they open and close smoothly forming sounds through their movement and vibration .
But with laryngitis, your vocal cords become inflamed or irritated. This makes vocal cords swell which distorts the sounds produced by air passing over them.
- Acute Laryngitis :
a) Viral infections.
b) Vocal strain caused by yelling or overusing your voice.
c)Bacterial infections are less common.
- Chronic Laryngitis : Laryngitis that lasts longer than three weeks is known as chronic laryngitis. This type of laryngitis is caused by exposure to irritants over time. Chronic laryngitis can cause vocal cord strain and injuries or growth on vocal cords.
a) Inhaled irritants, such as chemical fumes, allergens, or smoke
b) Acid reflux
c) Chronic sinusitis
d) Habitual overuse of your voice (such as cheerleaders or singers)
- Hoarseness of voice
- Weak voice or voice loss
- Tickling sensation and rawness in your throat
- Sore throat
- Dry throat
- Dry cough
Homeopathic Approach :
Homeopathic medicines can treat laryngitis wonderfully.
Homeopathy improves the overall immunity of the patient, and symptoms of laryngitis can be effectively managed with homeopathic treatment.
Homeopathic Medicines :
- Argentum Metallicum : Laryngitis resulting from overuse of the voice. Hoarseness of voice and sore/raw feeling in the larynx. Argentum metallicum is also recommended for complete loss of voice in professional singers.
- Phosphorous : Violent tickling in the larynx. Reading and talking worsen the cough. Pain in larynx with rawness in throat.
- Causticum :Top medicine for laryngitis from cold air exposure. Larynx gets inflamed soon after exposure to cold air and hoarseness of voice results. Rawness and scraping sensation in the throat.
- Belladonna : Indicated when the larynx is sore, highly painful while voice Is hoarse. Throat is red and inflamed with difficulty in swallowing. A constricted feeling with a lump-like sensation in the throat.
For appointment please call @ 020 27455480 / +91 9405 435 981