Lactose is a type of natural sugar usually present in dairy products like milk and yogurt. When body is unable to breakdown lactose it is termed as lactose intolerance.
Why It Happens:
Your small intestines produce special enzyme called lactase to digest and break down lactose. But in some persons small intestine can not make enough enzyme and undigested lactose moves into the large intestine directly. Bacteria present in large intestine interact with undigested lactose causing symptoms like bloating, gas and diarrhea.
So it is also called as lactase deficiency.
- Primary lactose intolerance : the decline in lactase gradually due to ageing, so its seen in old people.
- Secondary lactose intolerance : it occurs due to intestinal disease such celiac disease, IBD or after injury, surgery to your small intestine.
- Congenital lactose intolerance : a defective gene can be transmitted from parents to child , resulting in complete absence of lactase in the child. In this case baby is intolerant to breast milk.
Symptoms occur after 30 min to 2 hours after eating or drinking a milk or dairy product. Severity can range from mild to severe depending upon patients lactase deficiency.
- Abdominal cramps
Homoeopathy For Lactose Intolerenace:
Homeopathic medicine stimulates the immune system and reduces the defensive reaction against lactose. The effects of these medicines can be seen in the reduction of irritation and inflammation of the intestines, the symptoms, etc. Homeopathic medicines help the lactose intolerant by improving the digestion of milk and help to improve the quality of life by preventing further episodes of bloating and diarrhea. They also improve the absorption of calcium and minerals. They boost up the immune system and also increase the rate of metabolism. They help to improve the absorption of minerals and salts from the ingested food efficiently
- AETHUSA– an excellent remedy for vomiting of children. The child vomits soon after eating and nursing. It is followed by great exhaustion which is the keynotes of this remedy. The child falls back exhausted. The vomiting of milk is like green curd like. Feels hungry immediately after vomiting. Greenish diarrhea after the intake of dairy products. The children are irritable, anxious and crying. Intake of milk causes green-colored diarrhea which contains undigested particles.
- NATRUM CARBONICUM:is indicated for diarrhea after taking milk. Yellow, watery and gushing stool, sour-smelling stool sometimes mixed with blood. Severe urgency to pass stools with abdominal colic and fetid flatus.
- CALCAREA CARBONICA:is indicated for vomiting after taking milk. Nausea, cold sweat, and trembling with distension of abdomen. Vomiting with severe cramps and cutting pain in the abdomen
- LAC DEFLORATUM:it is indicated for nausea, vomiting and, headache after taking milk and other dairy product. Obstinate constipation with large stools. Exhausted from excessive straining for stool.
- MAGNESIUM MURIATICUM: it is indicated for chronic conditions of lactose intolerance with an inability to digest milk and milk products. Appearance of blisters on lips and tongue after taking milk. The tongue feels burnt and scalded
For appointment please call @ 020 27455480 / +91 9405 435 981