What Is Type-1 Diabetes?
Whatever food we eat is converted into glucose. Body’s cells use glucose for energy.Insulin is a hormone that allows the glucose to pass from your blood into your body’s cells.When the cells have enough, your liver and muscle tissues store the extra glucose, in the form of glycogen. It’s broken down into blood sugar and released when you need energy.
Cells in the pancreas makes insulin hormone.Type 1 diabetes is a condition in which body’s immune system destroys insulin-making cells in pancreas. That’s why Glucose from food can’t make its way into the cells. This leaves too much glucose circulating in blood causing high blood sugar level.
The exact cause of type 1 diabetes is unknown. Usually, the body’s own immune system — which normally fights harmful bacteria and viruses — mistakenly destroys the insulin-producing (islet, or islets of Langerhans) cells in the pancreas. Other possible causes include:
- Exposure to viruses and other environmental factors
- Family history. Anyone with a parent or sibling with type 1 diabetes has a slightly increased risk of developing the condition.
- Genetics. The presence of certain genes indicates an increased risk of developing type 1 diabetes.
- Extreme thirst. And Dry mouth.
- Increased hunger.
- Upset stomach and vomiting.
- Frequent urination
- Unexplained weight loss, even though you’re eating and feel hungry
- Blurry vision
- Heavy, labored breathing.
- Frequent infections of your skin, urinary tract.
- Crankiness or mood changes
- Bedwetting in a child who’s been dry at night
Diagnosis is confirmed on following criteria’s
- fasting blood sugar > 130 mg/dL on two separate tests
- random blood sugar > 200 mg/dL, along with symptoms of diabetes
- HbA1c > 6.5 on two separate tests
High blood sugar levels can lead to both short-term and long-term problems.
- Heart and blood vessel disease.
- Nerve damage (neuropathy). This can cause tingling, numbness, burning or pain that usually begins at the tips of the toes or fingers and gradually spreads upward.
- Kidney damage (nephropathy). Severe damage can lead to kidney failure or irreversible end-stage kidney disease, which requires dialysis or a kidney transplant.
- Eye damage(retinopathy). Diabetes can damage the blood vessels of the retina potentially causing blindness.
- Skin and mouth conditions. Diabetes may leave you more susceptible to infections of the skin and mouth, including bacterial and fungal infections.
- Diabetic ketoacidosis. If your cells are starved for energy, your body may begin to break down fat producing toxic acids known as ketones. Diabetic ketoacidosis is a life-threatening emergency.
Type-1 diabetes is caused by either ‘resistance conflict’ or ‘fear-disgust conflict’
A resistance conflict is a strong opposition against a person, a situation (at home, at school), against an institution (school) or being forced to do something against one’s will. Children suffer the conflict at an early age, when they resist daycare, kindergarten, or school, or when they strongly oppose what they are told to do.
A fear-disgust conflict is a fright coupled with disgust regarding a situation or a person, for example, by sexual abuse or distress involving blood, feces, urine, or vomit ;Being frightened of a drunk family member. Children suffer the conflict when they have to eat “disgusting” food.
Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease and can not be cured, however it can be managed well with homeopathic treatment. Symptoms can be controlled and BSL (blood sugar level) can be controlled.
Diabetes slow downs child’s physical growth it can be maintained with homeopathic medicines. Diabetes can affect child’s mental health directly likes behavioral changes, irritability etc. and indirectly due to complaints and restrictions in diet. Homeopathic medicines acts on that too. Diabetes also make children prone to recurrent infections ; homeopathy increases immunity and protects children from recurrent infections.
- SYZYGIUM JAMBOLANUM :Has an immediate effect of increasing the blood sugar, glycosuria results.Great thirsts, weakness, emaciation. Very large amount of urine, specific gravity high. Old ulcers of skin. Diabetic ulceration.
- ARSENICUM ALBUM : great thirst and emaciation. Sudden and extreme dryness of the mouth and marked physical restlessness are also guiding symptoms to this remedy, especially with a dark watery stool.
- ACETIC ACID :Diabetes, with great thirst and debility.Large quantities of pale urine. Cold drinks distress. Vomits after every kind of food. Diminished sensibility of the skin.Sweat profuse, cold.
- PHOSPHORIC ACID :Phos acid is found in young people who grow rapidly, and who are overtaxed, mentally or physically. Symptoms following sour food and drink.Frequent, profuse, watery, milky.Frequent urination at night.
For appointment please call @ 020 27455480 / +91 9405 435 981