PAWAN – AIR, GAS
MUKTA – FREE, RELEASE
ASANA – POSE
A very powerful pose at the beginning of the asana practice helps the entire digestive system.
HOW TO DO PAWANMUKTASANA?
- Lie on your back or in a supine position, with your arms beside your body.
- Exhale, bringing your knees toward your chest and pressing your thighs on your abdomen with clasped hands.
- Inhale again.
- As you exhale, raise your head off the floor, letting your chin touch your knees.
- Hold this pose as you take deep, long breaths in and out.
- Release the pose to return to the starting position, bringing your head down first and then your legs – this is one round.
- Do 2-3 rounds and then relax.
- Stretches the neck and back.
- The abdominal muscles are tensed and the internal organs are compressed which increases the blood circulation and stimulates the nerves, increasing the efficiency of the internal organs.
- The pressure on the abdomen releases any trapped gases in the large intestine.
- Blood circulation is increased to all the internal organs.
- Digestive system is improved.
- Relieves constipation.
- Strengthens the lower back muscles and loosens the spinal vertebrae.
- Helps in sterility and impotency.
- Massages the pelvic muscles and reproductive organs and is therefore beneficial for menstrual disorders.
- Reduces fats in the abdominal area, thighs, and buttocks.