In a joint, a coating of tough tissue, called cartilage, is present which prevents the friction of bone surfaces and makes movements of the joint smooth. The wear and tear of this cartilage are called osteoarthritis. There can be bony changes in the joints, deterioration of tendons and ligaments, and inflammation of the joint lining after the progress of the disease.
The disorder most commonly affects weight-bearing joints like joints in your hands, knees, hips, and spine, etc.
Risk Factors :
- Age : Osteoarthritis usually starts from the late 40s onwards.
- Gender : osteoarthritis is more common and more severe in women.
- Joint Injury : A major injury or operation on a joint may lead to osteoarthritis in that joint later in life.
- Joint Abnormalities : If you were born with abnormalities or developed them in childhood, it can lead to earlier and more severe osteoarthritis than usual.
- Genetic Factors : Family history can increase the risk of osteoarthritis.
- Other Types of Joint Disease : Sometimes osteoarthritis is a result of damage from a different kind of joint disease, such as rheumatoid arthritis or gout.
- Severe pain and tenderness in joints.
- Stiffness in joints is usually worse in the morning hours or after being inactive.
- Loss of Flexibility : You might not be able to move your joint through its full range of motion.
- Grating sensation and you might hear popping or crackling.
- Bone Spurs : These extra bits of bone, which feel like hard lumps, can form around the affected joint.
- Swelling : This might be caused by soft tissue inflammation around the joint.
Homoeopathic Approach :
Homoeopathic Invention :
Homeopathic Medicines :
- Arnica : Chronic osteoarthritis with a feeling of bruised soreness can indicate a need for this remedy. Pain is worse from touch and may occur in joints that were injured in the past.
- Belladonna : Sudden pain with a sensation of heat and throbbing pain indicates a need for this remedy. The joints look red and inflamed, and the surface may feel hot to the touch.
- Bryonia : Slightest movement increases the pain. Pain is usually worse at the night. This remedy relieves joint pain improved by staying immobile and applying pressure.
- Ledum Palustre : Pain and inflammation often begin in the toes and spread up through the ankles and knees. The joints may make cracking sounds and may be very swollen. Cold applications bring relief to both the pain and swelling.
- Ruta Graveolens : Useful in joints with a feeling of great stiffness and lameness. Pain is worse from cold and damp, and from exertion. Tendons and the capsules of the joints may be affected.
For appointment please call @ 020 27455480 / +91 9405 435 981