Osteoarthritis Homeopathic Medicine & Treatment
In a joint, a coating of tough tissue, called cartilage, is present which prevents the friction of bone surfaces and makes movements of the joint smooth. The wear and tear of this cartilage are called osteoarthritis. There can be bony changes in the joints, deterioration of tendons and ligaments, and inflammation of the joint lining after the progress of the disease.
The disorder most commonly affects weight-bearing joints like joints in your hands, knees, hips, and spine, etc.
Risk Factors :
- Age : Osteoarthritis usually starts from the late 40s onwards.
- Gender : osteoarthritis is more common and more severe in women.
- Joint Injury : A major injury or operation on a joint may lead to osteoarthritis in that joint later in life.
- Joint Abnormalities : If you were born with abnormalities or developed them in childhood, it can lead to earlier and more severe osteoarthritis than usual.
- Genetic Factors : Family history can increase the risk of osteoarthritis.
- Other Types of Joint Disease : Sometimes osteoarthritis is a result of damage from a different kind of joint disease, such as rheumatoid arthritis or gout.
Osteoarthritis, a condition that typically begins in the late 40s and progressively worsens with age, is a major concern in today’s society. However, there are several other factors that could potentially increase the risk of developing this debilitating disease:
Gender: Studies have revealed that osteoarthritis is more prevalent and often more severe in women than in men. Hormonal fluctuations and anatomical differences are often cited as the reasons behind this disparity.
Obesity: Carrying extra weight places a significant amount of stress on weight-bearing joints such as the knees and hips. This additional strain can accelerate the wear and tear process, leading to early onset of osteoarthritis.
Joint Injury: A serious injury or surgery on a joint could pave the way for osteoarthritis in that joint later in life. Regular sports players and people with physically demanding jobs are at a higher risk due to the increased chance of joint injuries.
Joint Abnormalities: Those who are born with joint abnormalities or develop them during childhood are likely to experience osteoarthritis earlier and with more severity. The abnormal wear and tear on the joint cartilage often triggers the disease.
Genetic Factors: Like many health conditions, your genes also play a role in osteoarthritis. A family history of the disease can significantly increase your chances of developing it.
Other Types of Joint Disease: If a joint has been previously damaged by another type of disease, such as rheumatoid arthritis or gout, this can result in osteoarthritis in the longer term. These conditions can cause inflammation and degradation of the joint, leading to osteoarthritis.
- Severe pain and tenderness in joints.
- Stiffness in joints is usually worse in the morning hours or after being inactive.
- Loss of Flexibility : You might not be able to move your joint through its full range of motion.
- Grating sensation and you might hear popping or crackling.
- Bone Spurs : These extra bits of bone, which feel like hard lumps, can form around the affected joint.
- Swelling : This might be caused by soft tissue inflammation around the joint.
Homoeopathic Approach :
Homoeopathic Invention :
Homeopathic Medicines :
- Arnica : Chronic osteoarthritis with a feeling of bruised soreness can indicate a need for this remedy. Pain is worse from touch and may occur in joints that were injured in the past.
- Belladonna : Sudden pain with a sensation of heat and throbbing pain indicates a need for this remedy. The joints look red and inflamed, and the surface may feel hot to the touch.
- Bryonia : Slightest movement increases the pain. Pain is usually worse at the night. This remedy relieves joint pain improved by staying immobile and applying pressure.
- Ledum Palustre : Pain and inflammation often begin in the toes and spread up through the ankles and knees. The joints may make cracking sounds and may be very swollen. Cold applications bring relief to both the pain and swelling.
- Ruta Graveolens : Useful in joints with a feeling of great stiffness and lameness. Pain is worse from cold and damp, and from exertion. Tendons and the capsules of the joints may be affected.
For appointment please call @ 020 27455480 / +91 9405 435 981