Lumbar spondylosis is a degenerative condition that affects the lower spine. There is the narrowing of the space between the vertebrae, causing a variety of health problems ranging from back pain to neurological issues. This condition is usually caused by old age, due to degenerative changes.
Risk Factors :
- Increasing age.
- Family history of lumbar spondylosis.
- Previous low back injuries/ surgeries.
- Long-term, repetitive strain on your low back due to occupational reasons.
- Back pain.
- Decreased range of motion and flexibility, either in the low back or legs, especially in the morning or after periods of inactivity.
- Stiffness or tenderness in the low back.
- Numbness and tingling and/or shooting or radiating pain from the low back into the buttock or legs.
- Loss of bladder or bowel control or numbness in the groin.
- Cauda equina syndrome where nerves at the bottom of the spinal cord are pinched by an intervertebral disc or mass, causing severe nerve problems.
- Neurologic dysfunction due to nerve compression, caused by bulging discs.
Homoeopathic Approach :
Homeopathy treatment is highly suggested for spondylosis as it reduces pain and stiffness. Though the deterioration cannot be reverted, further damage can be halted with homeopathy treatment. Patients’ dependency on painkillers and steroids can be reduced.
Homoeopathic Invention :
Lumbar spondylosis is caused due to self-devaluation conflict. –That shatters the core of one’s self (humiliating and degrading treatment). The lower back is also associated with feeling unsupported (“not backed up”) by a family member, partner, friend, teacher, colleague, or employer.
Homeopathic Medicines :
- Rhus Tox : The major symptoms of using rhus tox in lumbar spondylosis are pain and stiffness in the lower back. Movement and walking may bring relief. In some cases, hard pressure provides relief from pain.
- Bryonia Alba : Useful where lower back pain worsens from the slightest movement. Walking or even turning in bed aggravates the lower back pain. Absolute rest brings relief. Stooping, too, worsens the back pain.
- Colocynthis : Indicated in pain from lower back radiates down the left leg. The pain may be cramp-like. Pressure over a painful area provides relief. Lying on the left side also helps to relieve the pain.
- Magnesium Phos : Indicated in spondylosis where the pain in the lower back radiates down the right leg is Magnesium Phos. The pain radiating down the leg may vary from sharp, cutting, stabbing, lightening-like in nature.
- Gnaphalium Polycephalum : For Pain and Numbness in Legs. Useful where symptoms include back pain radiating down the legs and numbness in the legs.
* Note – Above medicines are for knowledge purpose only. Take the medication only after doctor’s consultation. Do not self medicate
For appointment please call @ 020 27455480 / +91 9405 435 981