Ankylosing spondylitis is an inflammatory disease. “Ankylosis” means fused bones or other hard tissue. “Spondylitis” means inflammation in your spinal bones or vertebrae. So over time, it can cause some of the small bones in your spine (vertebrae) to fuse. This fusing makes the spine less flexible and can result in a hunched-forward posture.
- Pain and Stiffness in your lower back and hips are the initial symptoms.
- Pain that’s worse in the morning or after sitting for a long time.
- A rigid spine that curves forward.
- Swelling in your joints.
- Trouble taking deep breaths
If you’ve had ankylosing spondylitis for a long time or if the bones in your back have fused together, you may be at risk of bones in your back fracturing. A fractured bone in your spine can cause nerve damage.
Some people with ankylosing spondylitis develop osteoporosis, a condition that causes bones to thin and be more likely to fracture.
Homoeopathic Approach :
Early diagnosis helps in treating Ankylosis spondylitis more effectively with homeopathy. Homeopathy helps to correct the immune system and thereby restricting the progression of the disease.
Also in severe cases, pain can be managed effectively with homeopathic medications.
Homoeopathic Invention :
As per the latest research in Homoeopathy, ankylosing spondylitis may be caused by a self-devaluation conflict or loss of self – worth which may be experienced through humiliation (accusations, scoldings, derogatory remarks), abuse (physical, sexual, verbal), failure (at work, at school, in sports, in a relationship, as a parent or partner), a poor performance (intellectual, artistic, athletic), or feelings of shame and guilt. The loss of status, the loss of a workplace, retirement, illness or injuries, etc.
Homoeopathic Medicines :
- Kali Carb : Kali Carb is indicated when the back feels extremely weak with pain and stiffness. Feeling of paralytic weakness in the back and must lie down. Walking is difficult patient, has to sit down. The back is very painful and stiff and feels as if it was broken.
- Bryonia Alba : A backache that is worse from motion or walking is the guiding feature to use bryonia alba. In a few cases, stooping, standing, and sitting also worsen the backache. The relief in back pain only with complete rest.
- Aesculus : The main indicating feature is marked pain in the lumbosacral area of the back and hips with extreme stiffness. Pain from the back may radiate to the thighs. Pain may be of aching, sore, tearing nature or it is can be severe that it may give the sensation of a broken back.
- Colocynthis : Hip pain may be cramping, drawing, or tearing in nature. The pain from the hip may also extend down to the knee, leg, or even to the feet in a few cases. Sensitivity to touch the affected hip is also seen in many cases.
- Cimicifuga : It is indicated when there is marked stiffness in the neck area. Excessive stiffness in the neck with severe pain. Neck muscles feel retracted. Neck stiffness is worsened in cold air. Lumbosacral pains extending down hips and thighs.
For appointment please call @ 020 27455480 / +91 9405 435 981