Vitiligo consists of white patches of skin that are caused by the loss of melanin, the pigment that is a major contributor to skin. Melanin is produced by special cells called melanocytes, which are destroyed or not produced enough in people who have vitiligo.
What Cause Vitiligo ?
Although the causes of vitiligo aren’t completely understood, there are a number of different theories :
- Autoimmune Disorder : Vitiligo is an autoimmune disorder, in which the body’s immune system mistakenly targets and injures these specific cells i.e., melanocytes
- Genetic Factors : Certain factors that may increase the chance of getting vitiligo can be inherited. About 30% of vitiligo cases run in families.
- Neurogenic Factors: A substance that is toxic to melanocytes may be released at nerve endings in the skin.
Homeopathy Treatment For Vitiligo :
Vitiligo can cause serious self-esteem issues, lack of confidence, and even depression and social isolation. Patients go to any lengths to get them treated, falling prey to advertisements and hoax treatments. However, no treatment offers a foolproof and long-lasting result.
Homeopathy tries to treat the root cause by correcting the dysfunction or overactivity at the level of the immune system. Homeopathic medicines can control the further spread of vitiligo. It stimulates the skin pigments melanocytes to generate melanin and hence helps to regain the normal skin color.
A homeopathic prescription is based on the deepest level of psychological understanding of the patient thereby delving into the root cause of the issue. This individualized approach widens the scope of homeopathy even more.
Homoeopathic Invention :
As per research, vitiligo is caused by a separation conflict. Skin is for protection and communication — so whenever a patient feels that my communication is damaged or about to tear, vitiligo starts. Separation – of a child from mother because of a divorce, or by the death of loved ones.
Homoeopathic Medicines For Vitiligo :
- Calcarea Carb : Vitiligo spots which are milky white in appearance are indicated in this remedy. Obese patients are more prone. Patients have a tendency for excessive sweating, especially in the head and neck region.
- Arsenicum Album : Skin shows white spots. Skin is dry, rough, dirty. The patient feels better with warm applications and warm drinks. They have burning sensations in various parts of the body.
- Silicea : Indicated in patients who have pale, waxy skin. Vitiligo spots all over the body. They sweat a lot. They have sweaty palms and soles.
- Natrum Mur : Skin is oily, dry, harsh, unhealthy. Indicated in patients who are thin, thirsty, and poorly nourished. They are very easily exhausted both physically and mentally. They cannot tolerate the heat of the sun.
For appointment please call @ 020 27455480 / +91 9405 435 981