Also known as chloasma or mask of pregnancy is tan or dark skin discoloration.
It is particularly common in women especially pregnant women and those who are taking oral contraceptives or hormone replacement therapy.
Exact cause of Melasma is unknown.
Melasma is thought to be the stimulation of melanocytes. When the skin is exposed to ultraviolet light from the sun.
- Birth control pills
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Genetic predisposition
- Thyroid disorder
Melasma causes patches of discoloration; patches are darker than your skin color.
Typically occurs on the face and is symmetrical, with matching marks on both sides of the face. Brownish colored patches appear on cheeks, forehead, bridge of the nose, chin.
Homeopathic Approach :
Homoeopathic Medication :
- Sepia : It is one of the best medicines for facial pigmentation. The skin may be rough or hard. Suitable in women during pregnancy pigmentation arising after childbirth. Facial pigmentation during menopause.
- Pulsatilla : Facial pigmentation with menstrual irregularities. The irregularities include delayed periods scanty menses and suppressed menses. Spots and freckles on the face.
- Berberis Aquifolium : Berberis aquifolium is highly effective for pigmentation spots and scars on the face left behind by any kind of eruption. Cheeks may feel hot.
- Sulphur : Facial pigmentation with dry skin looks unhealthy and dirty. person complaints of itching and burning sensation on the face. The itching gets worse in heat.
- Psorinum : Facial pigmentation with greasy, oily, waxy skin. Facial skin looks dull, pale, and sick.
For appointment please call @ 020 27455480 / +91 9405 435 981