Lichen planus is a condition that can cause swelling and irritation in the skin. It is an auto-immune disease. It affects the skin, hair, nails and mucous membranes. Mucus membrane of mouth and genitals.
On the skin, lichen planus usually appears as purplish, itchy, flat bumps that develop over several weeks.
Lichen planus occurs when your immune system attacks cells of the skin or mucus membranes. It’s not clear why this abnormal immune response happens. The condition isn’t contagious.
- Purplish, flat bumps, most often on the inner forearm, wrist or ankle, and sometimes the genitals.
- Blisters that break to form scabs or crusts.
- Lacy white patches in the mouth or on the lips or tongue.
- Painful sores in the mouth or vagina.
- Hair loss
- Change in scalp colour.
- Nail damage or loss.
- Eat a well-balanced diet with raw vegetables and fresh fruits.
- Avoid spicy foods, caffeinated drinks like coffee and colas, alcohol and smoking.
- Avoid skin injury as new lesions tend to crop up at places of injury.
- Stress relieving methods such as yoga and meditation are known to be of help.
Homeopathic Invention :
Homeopathic Approach :
Homoeopathic Medication :
- Borax : When blisters mostly appear in the mouth. It is suited for Oral Lichen planus, with unhealthiness of the skin. The mucus membrane of the mouth is much reddened, easily bleeding during eating or when touched with a hot mouth.
- Arsenicum Iodatum : It is a very good remedy for skin conditions like lichen planus, eczema and psoriasis where there is marked itching and exfoliation of the skin. There is exfoliation of large scales which leaves behind raw exuding surfaces.
- Ignatia : Useful in lichen planus involving genital area. Itching, nettle-rash. Very sensitive to the draught of air. Excoriation, especially around vagina and mouth.
- Thuja : Indicated in old lichen planus cases. Tendency to have unhealthy skin in general. Dry skin with brown patches. Tendency to sweat profuse with sweetish, strong smell. Nails crippled, brittle and soft.
- Nat Mur : Dry eruptions, especially on margin of hairy scalp and bends of joints. Itching is severe. Skin is raw, red, and inflamed after itching. worse by eating salt, at the seashore, in sunlight.
For appointment please call @ 020 27455480 / +91 9405 435 981