Common Cold and Coryza
The common cold is an upper respiratory tract infection caused by viruses.
It is a contagious infection, easily passed from one to another. It spreads through the air.
Recurrent attacks of the common cold lower the immunity which can hamper the growth of the child. In adults, it decreases productivity and can cause other health issues.
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Nasal congestion i.e., stuffed nose
- Fever (in children)
- Muscle pain
- Generalized weakness
- Avoid contact with a sick person.
- Maintain hygiene. Wash your hands frequently. Avoid touching the eye, nose unnecessarily.
- If you get cold, take a rest, sleep.
- Drink plenty of water (fruit juice, soups) to avoid dehydration.
- Gargle with salt water to soothe a sore throat.
Homeopathic Approach :
Homoeopathic Medication :
- Allium Cepa: Nasal discharge is profuse, fluent, burning the nearby region. Discharge is worse in a warm room and better in the open air. There is profuse watering of eyes as well with redness. They have raw feelings in the nose with a tingling sensation as well as violent sneezing. The patient may experience congestive headaches.
- Arsenicum Album : The patient has a burning nasal discharge that irritates the nostrils and upper lip. The patient easily gets chilly and sensitive to drafts of cold air. They may even sneeze from any change in temperature. Symptoms start from the nose and move down to the throat. They also have dryness of the throat but drink only sips of water.
- Belladonna : This remedy is indicated when there is a sudden stoppage of nasal discharge and instead patient gets a throbbing headache and high fever. coryza mucus mixed with blood. Dryness of mouth and throat with no desire to drink water.
- Bryonia Alba : There is no or very little nasal discharge. Complaints from taking cold drinks, in hot weather. Headache is more prominent. Headache is dull. Sneezing causes pain in the head. My mouth is dry. Food tastes bitter cannot swallow food. The throat is dry feels rough.
For appointment please call @ 020 27455480 / +91 9405 435 981