An allergen is an otherwise harmless substance that causes an allergic reaction. Allergic rhinitis, or hay fever, is an allergic response to specific allergens. Pollen is the most common allergen in seasonal allergic rhinitis.
- Grass pollen
- Dust mites
- Animal dander, which is old skin
- Cat saliva
What Are The Types Of Allergic Rhinitis?
The two types of allergic rhinitis are:
- Seasonal : Seasonal allergies usually occur during the spring and fall season and are typically in response to outdoor allergens like pollen.
- Perennial : Perennial allergies can occur year-round, or at any time during the year in response to indoor substances, like dust mites and pet dander.
Signs and Symptoms :
- A runny nose, stuffy nose, itching in nose
- A sore or scratchy throat
- Itching and watering of eyes
- Dark circles under the eyes
- Frequent headaches
- Other risk factors – chemicals, cold temperatures, humidity, wind, air pollution, hairspray, perfumes, wood smoke, fumes.
Homoeopathic Medication :
- Arsenic Album : It is the best homeopathic medicine for allergic rhinitis, especially if presented with intense thirst. Other symptoms that indicate its use are thin nasal discharge, burning in the nose and throat, and a cold that gets worse at midnight or is triggered by temperature fluctuation.
- Allium Cepa : Acrid discharge from the nose but plain discharge from the eyes is a common indication. Burning and itching of the nose/eyes improve when in the open air.
- Sabadilla : It is most commonly used in cases with frequent sneezing but scanty nasal discharge. Some other indications are hay fever-like symptoms, frontal pain, and watery discharge from the eyes.
- Dulcamara : Constant sneezing; profuse nasal discharge and tearing from the eyes, especially worse in August, as summer changes into autumn, Nose totally stopped up in cold damp; headache from stoppage of nasal discharge, Sudden change of weather from warm to cold, exposure to newly mown grass or hay.
- Kali Bichromicum :
1. Thick, stringy, greenish-yellow mucus from nose and throat, difficult to expel.
2. Thick postnasal drip with frequent hawking; profuse, watery, irritating nasal discharge/postnasal drip.
3. Very dry nose with aching fullness in nasal bones and sinuses.
For appointment please call @ 020 27455480 / +91 9405 435 981