Ulcerative colitis is an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
This inflammation produces tiny sores called ulcers on the lining of your colon. It usually begins in the rectum and spreads upward. It can involve your entire colon.
The ulcers may cause bleeding and discharge of mucus and pus.
What causes ulcerative colitis?
Immune system malfunction in an autoimmune disease like ulcerative colitis, it mistakenly attacks your own body. It sends in your white blood cells, which attack your intestinal lining. That leads to ongoing inflammation.
- Heredity also seems to play a role in that ulcerative colitis is more common in people who have family members with the disease.
- Chronic stress
- Certain drugs and chemicals
- H. Pylori infection
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Stress and spicy food do not cause peptic ulcers; they can make your symptoms worse
- Foods (spices, pungent food etc.)
Signs and Symptoms:
- Diarrhea, often with blood or pus
- Watery stools
- Abdominal pain and cramping
- Rectal pain
- Rectal bleeding : passing a small amount of blood with stool
- Urgency to defecate
- Inability to defecate despite urgency
- Weight loss
- In children, failure to grow
Scope of Homoeopathy:
Homeopathy helps in correcting the immune system and thereby treats the underlying cause which is responsible for ulcer formation.
Hence symptoms can be effectively managed with homeopathic medications.
Homoeopathic Invention :
As per the latest homeopathic research, ulcerative colitis is caused by an indigestible conflict The conflict is experienced as anger, for instance, anger about a person or about remarks (accusations, insults, criticism) or news that are “hard to take” or difficult to “digest”.
Also, when the situation is considered as “indigestible” or “non-absorbable”, let’s say, when an anticipated purchase, promotion, or promise cannot be “taken in”.
- Arsenicum Album: Stool with an offensive odor and dark-colored blood in it. This medicine can bring about much relief when alcoholic drinks, watery fruit or cold drinks worsen the condition. Burning pain in abdomen and rectum.
- Mercurius Corrosivus: This is the best remedy for patients in whom blood and shreds of mucus membranes are passed along with the stool. The patients feel a constant urge to pass stool but only scanty, the hot stool of offensive odor is passed.
- Aloe Socotrina: Loose Stool which gets worse immediately after eating or drinking anything. The patient feels a sudden urge to pass stool and has to rush to the toilet. Also helps in diarrhea that gets worse due to the intake of beer.
- Colchicum Autumnale: For Ulcerative Colitis with Jelly-like Mucus in Stool. The patients have nausea of an extreme degree and cannot tolerate the odor of cooking food, mainly eggs, fish, and meat. Even causes fainting. Vomiting of mucus, bile, and food.
- Phosphorus: Stool Containing Blood and Greenish Mucus with extreme offensiveness. The condition mainly gets worse in the morning.
For appointment please call @ 020 27455480 / +91 9405 435 981