Pathophysiology of Crohns Disease
Crohn’s disease causes small, scattered, crater-like ulcerations (erosions) on the inner surface of the bowel
With time, the erosions become deeper and larger and causing scarring and stiffness of the bowel.
As the disease progresses, the bowel becomes increasingly narrowed, and ultimately can become obstructed.
Ulcers can cause puncture holes in the wall of the bowel, and bacteria from within the bowel can spread to infect adjacent organs and the surrounding abdominal cavity.
The exact cause of Crohn’s disease remains unknown. Previously, diet and stress were suspected, but now doctors know that these factors may aggravate, but don’t cause, Crohn’s disease. Several factors, such as heredity and a malfunctioning immune system, likely play a role in its development.
- Immune System : When your immune system tries to fight off the invading microorganism, an abnormal immune response causes the immune system to attack the cells in the digestive tract, too.
- Heredity: Crohn’s is more common in people who have family members with the disease.
Risk Factor :
- Cigarette smoking.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications.
Signs and Symptoms :
- Abdominal pain and cramping
- Blood in your stool
- Mouth sores
- Reduced appetite and weight loss
- Pain or drainage near or around the anus due to inflammation from a tunnel into the skin (fistula)
Scope of Homoeopathy:
Homeopathy helps in correcting the immune system and thereby treats the underlying cause
Homeopathic medicine is selected on the basis of the symptoms presented as well as the emotional sphere of the patient
Hence symptoms can be effectively managed with homeopathic medications
Homoeopathic Invention :
As per the latest homeopathic research, Crohns disease is caused by an indigestible conflict i.e not being able to absorb or digest a morsel” The conflict, for instance, anger about a person, about a situation (work-related anger, school), or about remarks (accusations, insults, criticism) or news that are “hard to take” or difficult to “digest”.
Also, we might suffer, when an anticipated purchase, promotion, or promise cannot be “taken in”.
- Arsenicum Album: Stool with an offensive odor and dark-colored blood in it. This medicine can bring about much relief when alcoholic drinks, watery fruit, or cold drinks worsen the condition. Burning pain in abdomen and rectum
- Mercurius Corrosivus: This is the best remedy for patients in whom blood and shreds of mucus membranes are passed along with the stool. The patients feel a constant urge to pass stool but only scanty, the hot stool of offensive odor is passed.
- Aloe Socotrina: Loose Stool which gets worse immediately after eating or drinking anything. The patient feels a sudden urge to pass stool and has to rush to the toilet. Also helps in diarrhea that gets worse due to the intake of beer.
- Colchicum Autumnale: For Ulcerative Colitis with Jelly-like Mucus in Stool. The patients have nausea of an extreme degree and cannot tolerate the odor of cooking food, mainly eggs, fish, and meat. Even causes fainting. Vomiting of mucus, bile, and food
- Phosphorus: Stool Containing Blood and Greenish Mucus with extreme offensiveness. The condition mainly gets worse in the morning.
For appointment please call @ 020 27455480 / +91 9405 435 981