Also called as Gerd Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease.
GERD occurs when stomach acid frequently flows back into the tube connecting your mouth and stomach. This backwash (acid reflux) can irritate the lining of your oesophagus.
GERD is caused by frequent acid reflux.
When you swallow a circular band of muscle around the bottom of your oesophagus relaxes to allow food and liquid to flow into your stomach. Then the sphincter closes again.
If the sphincter relaxes abnormally or weakens, stomach acid can flow back up into your oesophagus. This constant backwash of acid irritates the lining of your oesophagus. Often causing it to become inflamed.
- Bulging of the top up into the diaphragm (hiatal hernia)
- Delayed stomach emptying
- Eating large meals or eating late at night
- Drinking certain beverages, such as
- Connective tissue disorders
- Burning sensation in your chest (heartburn), usually after eating, which might be worse at night
- Chest pain
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Regurgitation of food or sour liquid
- Sensation of a lump in your throat
GERD if left untreated can lead to a more serious complication called erosive oesophagitis, which in turn can lead to ulceration, bleeding and narrowing of the food pipe.
Homoeopathy for acid reflux and GERD helps to treat the condition and manage the symptoms effectively.
- Robinia works effectively when a patient has intense heartburn, sour belching and vomiting, heartburn and acidity worse at night.
- Iris Versicolor : for sour, bitter belching.
Vomiting with weakness, heartburn, burning distress and pains in the epigastric region at frequent intervals.
- Natrum Phos : heartburn and difficulty in swallowing.
Vomiting of sour, cheesy or curdled matter, a lump sensation in the throat.
For appointment please call @ 020 27455480 / +91 9405 435 981