A stye is an inflammatory condition of the eyelid associated with a small collection of pus.
What is Stye?
A stye is a reddish lump on the outer edge of your eyelid. It’s filled with pus and inflammatory cells produced when a clogged gland or follicle becomes infected. It’s tender to the touch and can be very painful.
Causes of Stye:
Most styes are caused by Staphylococcus, a type of bacteria that live on your skin and are normally harmless. When the bacteria are transferred to your eye and become trapped in a gland or hair follicle, they cause an infection. Eye infections are frequently caused by improper care or use of contact lenses. Behaviors that increase your risk of a contact lens-related infection include:
- improperly cleaned contacts
- touching contacts before washing your hands
- wearing contacts while sleeping
- reusing disposable contacts
- using contacts after they’ve expired
Signs and Symptoms:
- Painful red bump along the edge of the upper or lower eyelid near the base of the eyelashes
- Swelling of the eyelid (sometimes the entire eyelid)
- Crusting along the eyelid
- Sensitivity to bright light
- Sore, scratchy eye
- Tearing of the eye
- A feeling that there is something in the eye
Homoeopathic medicine is useful in eye diseases .Homeopathic medicines for stye are safe and effective with no side effects.
- HEPAR SULPH -aids in speeding up the rupture of styes so that the pain is instantly relieved. This remedy is particularly suited for the styes that cause significantly red and swollen. It also aids in reducing the tenderness and swelling. In the case of some children, styes tend to secrete a liquid discharge and are extremely painful. Hepar sulph along with warm compress can be extremely helpful in relieving the pain.
- PULSATILLA: Some styes do not cause any pain but cause significant swelling and secrete a yellowish discharge. People affected with such type of styes can be significantly benefited by the use of homeopathic remedy called pulsatilla. It has also been found useful in preventing reoccurrence of styes.
- STAPHISAGRIA:Staphisagria is for chronic or recurrent styes that appear mainly on the upper eyelid. The eyes are very dry and have rheum. The corner of the eye and the edges of the eyelids may be chapped and infected.
For appointment please call @ 020 27455480 / +91 9405 435 981