Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) is a chronic disease that causes inflammation in connective tissues, such as cartilage and the lining of blood vessels, which provide strength and flexibility to structures throughout the body.
It is an autoimmune disease. In this disease, the immune system of the body mistakenly attacks healthy tissue. It can affect the skin, joints, kidneys, brain, and other organs.
Symptoms can vary and can change over time. Common symptoms include:
- Severe fatigue
- Joint pain, and swelling, muscle pain.
- Headaches, fever
- A rash on the cheeks and nose, which is called a “butterfly rash”.
- Hair loss
- Blood-clotting problems
- Fingers turning white or blue and tingle when cold, which is known as Raynaud’s phenomenon.
- Kidney problems/lupus nephritis3 symptoms include weight gain, swollen ankles, high blood pressure, and decreased kidney function.
The exact cause of SLE isn’t known, but several factors have been associated with the disease.
- Genetics : The disease isn’t linked to a certain gene, but people with lupus often have family members with other autoimmune conditions.
- Environment Factors : Ultraviolet rays, certain medications, viruses, physical or emotional stress, trauma.
- Sex and Hormones : SLE affects women more than men. Women also may experience more severe symptoms during pregnancy and with their menstrual periods. The female hormone estrogen may play a role in causing SLE.
Nutrition And Supplements :
- Eat more antioxidant-rich foods (such as green, leafy vegetables) and fruits (such as blueberries, pomegranates, and cherries).
- Avoid refined foods, such as white bread, pasta, and sugar.
- Eat fewer red meats and more beans for protein.
- Use healthy cooking oils, such as olive oil or coconut oil.
- Avoid coffee and other stimulants, alcohol, and tobacco.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
Scope Of Homoeopathy :
Symptoms of SLE can be effectively managed with homeopathy with minimal side effects. Since this is an autoimmune disease, homeopathy may offer better scope than conventional medicine because of its ability to be able to reform and reset the immune system.
Homoeopathic Invention :
As per the latest research in Homoeopathy, SLE may be caused by a separation conflict separation “from the face” either through a loss of contact of a person, a loved one, or family member or through wanting to separate (“get out of my face!”), but is not able to.
Homoeopathic Medication :
- Sepia : In cases where lupus begins around or just after menopause, sepia is one of the best homeopathic medicines for SLE. There are hot flashes with weakness and increased sweating. The patient may tend to faint easily.
- Apis : When there is the involvement of the kidneys, apis is one of the best homeopathic medicines for lupus or SLE. There are casts in the urine. It causes inflammation of the kidneys and the urine is scanty. Burning and stinging pain while urinating is often present. Oedema of various body parts.
- Arsenic Alb : When there is an interstitial disease of the lungs or any other involvement of the lungs, arsenic is one of the best homeopathic medicines for SLE. There is a cough which is worse after midnight and lying on the back. Expectoration is white, frothy, and scanty. Anxiety and restlessness are common accompanying symptoms.
- Belladonna : When intense fever is present, belladonna is one of the best homeopathic medicines for SLE or lupus. The skin is red, hot, and flushed. There is throbbing pain in the carotid arteries.
- Hydrocotyl : When there is extensive involvement of skin, hydrocotyle is one of the best homeopathic remedies for SLE. There is dryness of the skin and even the eruptions on the skin are dry in nature. Exfoliation of the skin is common.
For appointment please call @ 020 27455480 / +91 9405 435 981