Our spinal cord is made up of a series of bones (vertebrae) stacked onto each other. These bones are cushioned by discs that protect bone by absorbing the shocks from daily activities like walking, lifting, and jumping.
Injury or weakness can cause the inner portion, to protrude through the outer ring. This is known as slipped, herniated, or prolapsed disc. This causes pain. If the slipped disc causes compression of any nerve, it may cause pain and numbness.
Risk Factors :
- Age due to wear and tear on the spine
- It is more common in men than females
- Improper lifting of heavyweights can cause a herniation
- Any back injury or fall
- Frequent driving with improper posture
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Pain extending arms and legs
- Pain worsens usually at night, after physical exertion
- Unexplained muscle weakness
- Tingling, aching, or burning sensations in the affected area
- Loss of bladder or bowel control in rare cases
Homoeopathic Approach :
Homeopathic Medicine :
- Calc Carb : Indicated in intolerable back pain. The spine pains on bending backward. Painful stiffness in the spine, with dullness and heaviness in the legs, in the morning on waking, and after rising.
- Phosphorus : Slipped disk having paralyzed sensation in the upper sacrum and lower lumbar vertebrae. Pain in loins and back as if the back were broken, especially after having been seated a long time, hindering walking, rising up, or making the least movement.
- Kali Carb : Useful in a slipped disk having stiffness in the back, unable to stop. Stiffness and lameness in the back, and small of the back. Rheumatic pains in the back, chest, shoulders, and arms, worse on moving them.
- Ruta : Pressure on inside of right scapula. Pricking itching between shoulders, not better by rubbing. Pains in the back and loins, often with oppressed respiration.
- Bryonia : Cramp-like pain all over the back. Shootings pain in the loins and in the back. Painful stiffness in the small of the back, compelling patient to walk.
For appointment please call @ 020 27455480 / +91 9405 435 981