Cervical spondylosis is age-related wear and tear affecting the spinal disc in your neck. As the degenerative changes progress signs of osteoarthritis develop, including bony projections along the edges of bones (bone spurs).
For most people, cervical spondylosis causes no symptoms. When symptoms do occur, they typically include pain and stiffness in the neck.
Risk Factors :
- Increasing age
- Family history of cervical spondylosis
- Previous neck injuries
- Jobs that involve repetitive neck motions, awkward positioning, or a lot of overhead work put extra stress on your neck.
- Degeneration of the disc. Disc act like cushions between the vertebrae of your spine. By the age of 40, most people’s spinal discs begin drying out and shrinking, which allows more bone-on-bone contact between the vertebrae.
- Herniated disks. Age also affects the exterior of your spinal disc. Cracks often appear, leading to bulging (herniated) discs which sometimes can press on the spinal cord and nerve roots.
- Bone spurs. Disc degeneration often results in the spine producing extra amounts of bone in a misguided effort to strengthen the spine. These bone spurs can sometimes pinch the spinal cord and nerve roots.
- Stiff ligaments. Ligaments are cords of tissue that connect bone to bone. Spinal ligaments can stiffen with age, making your neck less flexible.
- Neck pain and stiffness
- Decreased range of motion and flexibility, especially in the morning or after periods of inactivity.
- If the spinal cord or nerve roots become pinched, you might experience: Tingling, numbness, and weakness in your arms, hands, legs, or feet
- Lack of coordination and difficulty walking
- Loss of bladder or bowel control
Homoeopathic Approach :
Homoeopathic Invention :
Cervical spondylosis is caused due intellectual self-devaluation conflict. IT may be caused by failing an intellectual task (at school, at work), by having made a mistake, or humiliating remarks of teachers, colleagues or a parent,”. whose self-worth is built on their intellectual achievements, or are academically overambitious are more susceptible to experience the conflict. Negative self-talks like “I am an idiot!”, “I am not smart enough!” also affects the cervical spine.
Homeopathic Medicines :
- Hypericum Perforatum : Useful in Spondylosis from Injury. Major symptoms are neck pain that may radiate to the shoulders and a spine that is extremely sensitive to the touch. Tingling, burning, numbness in hands may also be present.
- Cimicifuga Racemosa : The characteristic symptom for use of Cimicifuga Racemosa is a very stiff neck. Along with this, the cervical spine is also very sensitive to the touch.
- Kalmia Latifolia : For Tingling, Pricking Sensation in Hands. In some such cases, upper limbs may feel week. Pain in the neck extends down to the shoulder blades or the arm.
- Gelsemium : Gelsemium is a very useful medicine for cervical spondylosis with vertigo episodes. The vertigo episodes occur mostly while walking. Movement of the head may also lead to vertigo.
For appointment please call @ 020 27455480 / +91 9405 435 981