Dengue is caused by the dengue virus and it is spread through mosquitoes called Aedes Aegypti. Symptoms of dengue can be mild fever to severe hemorrhagic shock syndrome. The patient may experience severe joint pain hence also called “break-bone fever”.
- high fever 104 F (40 C)
- Rash over the body. A flushing or pale pink rash comes over the face and then disappears.
- Muscle, bone, or joint pain
- Pain behind the eyes
- Swollen glands i.e., lymph nodes
Most people recover within a week or so. In some cases, symptoms worsen and can become life-threatening. This is called severe dengue, dengue hemorrhagic fever, or dengue shock syndrome.
This occurs due the platelet count gets down. Reduced platelet count causes internal bleeding.
- Severe stomach pain
- Persistent vomiting
- Bleeding from your gums or nose
- Blood in your urine, stools, or vomit
- Bleeding under the skin, which might look like bruising
- Difficult or rapid breathing
- Irritability or restlessness
- Reduce mosquito habitat. The mosquitoes that carry the dengue virus typically live in and around houses, breeding in standing water that can collect in such things as used automobile tires. You can help lower mosquito populations by eliminating habitats where they lay their eggs. At least once a week, empty and clean containers that hold standing water, such as planting containers, animal dishes, and flower vases. Keep standing water containers covered between cleanings.
- Wear protective clothing; wear a long-sleeved shirt, long pants, socks, and shoes.
- Use mosquito repellent.
When you visit a homeopath, he will enquire in detail about symptoms occurring before, during, and after fever, its duration, thirst, appetite, the activity level in the case of children. Homeopathic medicines help to improve platelet count. It helps in managing pain. These medicines also prevent weakness and further complications.
The aim of treatment is to provide symptomatic improvement, minimize complications and promote early recovery of the patient.
1. EUPATORIUM PERFOLIATUM: is indicated in severe muscle and joint pains with a high fever. The patient may have general body ache with a feeling as if the whole body is broken. Throbbing pain in the head. Pressure as if a cap pressed over the whole skull. Vertigo; sensation of falling to the left. Top and back of the head with pain and soreness of eyeballs. Periodical headache, every third and seventh day. Perspiration relieves all symptoms.
2. GELSEMIUM: Dengue Fever patients who experience utmost weakness and prostration. A state of dullness, dizziness, and drowsiness. The patients seem lethargic and have a desire to lie down in perfect silence without any disturbance. He or she also wants to be quiet and dislikes conversation. Another feature is a headache with the heaviness of the eyes.
3. RHUS TOXICODENDRON: wonderful action in dengue fever with chill and red vesicular eruptions, and also acts very well in joint pain in fever. Influenza, with aching in all bones. Fever with restlessness, the patient can’t lie down. Muscle soreness is relieved by moving about.
4. ARSENIC ALBUM –acts very nicely in all types of fever with restlessness mentally and physically. This homeopathy medicine is often used as a preventive drug for Dengue fever. Changes place continually. Fears of many kinds during fever. No thirst. Feels cold easily.
To consult with the best homeopathic doctor In Pune, Call us today!