Tonsils are the lymphoid tissues that are present in the back of your throat.
Tonsils form part of the immune system. Tonsils act as filters, trapping bacteria or viruses that could otherwise enter your airways and cause infection. They also make antibodies to fight infection.
But sometimes, they get overwhelmed by bacteria or viruses. This can make them swollen and inflamed.
- A sore throat and pain when swallowing
- Red and swollen tonsils with pus-filled spots
- Difficulty swallowing
- Pain in the ears and neck
- Difficulty sleeping
- Swollen lymph glands
Some people may develop tonsil stones, which doctors also call tonsilloliths or tonsillar calculi. A tonsillolith is a calcified buildup of material in the crevices of the tonsils.
- Drinking plenty of fluids will prevent the throat from drying out and becoming more uncomfortable. Preferably warm drinks.
- Gargling with saltwater might reduce discomfort.
- Dry air can irritate the throat. Taking steam can help.
- Avoiding irritants, such as tobacco and smoky locations, can help a person reduce symptoms.
In recurrent or chronic tonsillitis surgery is advised. But studies show that the body’s defense mechanisms tend to decrease post-tonsillectomy as they are the body’s important line of defenses. Homeopathy has always worked wonders in every case of tonsillitis and surgery has been prevented in most of the cases. Thereby improving the immunity of the patients.
Homeopathic Medicines :
- Belladonna: Tonsils are red and swollen. The right side is mostly affected. throat feels constricted; difficult swallowing; especially liquids. The desire for cold water. Continuous desire to swallow.
- Kali Muriaticum: In cases of acute and chronic tonsillitis when the throat appears white or gray. Tonsils are so enlarged; they touch each other called kissing tonsils. The patient has difficulty in breathing.
- Baryta Carb: Children who take cold easily and tonsils are always first to get affected, tonsils inflamed with swollen veins. Pain while swallowing; worse with empty swallowing. can only swallow liquids.
- Phytolacca: Tonsillitis of the follicular form; pain at the root of the tongue extending to the ears. Tonsils are bluish and enlarged with dryness of the throat. The sensation of a lump in the throat. Throat feels rough, narrow, hot.
- Hepar Sulph: Lancinating pains and splinter-like sensation in the throat; the tendency of pus formation in tonsils. Hawking up of mucus. Worse from dry cold winds.
For appointment please call @ 020 27455480 / +91 9405 435 981