Pharyngitis is inflammation of the back of the throat (pharynx). It typically results in sore throat and fever.
Pharyngitis can also cause difficulty in swallowing and rawness in throat.
There are numerous viral and bacterial agents
- Measles chickenpox
- Group A streptococcus
- Croup i.e. barking cough, whooping cough
- Influenza or mononucleosis
In addition to a sore, dry or scratchy throat, a cold or flu may cause
- Sneezing, Runny nose
- Fatigue, Body ache
- Chills, fever
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Red throat with white or gray patches
Homeopathic Approach :
Homeopathic medicines help to eradicate the constant tendency of pharyngitis and improve the overall immunity of the patients.
Homoeopathic Medicine :
- Belladonna : Belladonna is indicated in red sore painful throat accompanied by difficult and painful swallowing. There is dryness as well as a lump in the throat. Dry tickling cough along with inflamed throat.
- Merc Sol : Merc Sol is indicated when ulcers are present in the pharynx. swollen and is bluish red in appearance. There is sore and smarting pain in the throat. Marked increase of saliva.
- Kali Bich : Mostly given with postnasal discharge. Redness and swelling of fauces, with a post nasal drip of mucus. Mucus is stringy and tenacious in nature.
- Lachesis : Pain in left ear extending to the throat, hawking of mucus, and constriction in the throat.
- Merc Iod Flavus : Painful swelling over the right side of the throat and a sensation of a lump in the throat. Cold drinks may relieve pain.
* Note – Above medicines are for knowledge purpose only. Take the medication only after doctor’s consultation. Do not self medicate
For appointment please call @ 020 27455480 / +91 9405 435 981