Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is a chronic inflammatory lung disease that causes obstructed airflow from the lungs.
Its typically caused by long-term exposure to irritating gases or particular matter, most often from cigarette smoke.
People with COPD are at increased risk of developing heart disease, lung cancer, and a variety of other conditions.
Emphysema and chronic bronchitis are the two most common conditions that contribute to COPD
- Chronic bronchitis is inflammation of the lining of the bronchial tubes, which carry air to and from the air sacs(alveoli)of the lungs. It’s characterized by daily cough and mucus (sputum) production.
- Emphysema is a condition in which the alveoli at the end of the smallest air passages (bronchioles) of the lungs are destroyed as a result of damaging exposure to cigarette smoke and other irritating gases and particulate matter.
Although COPD is a progressive disease that gets worse over time, COPD is treatable with proper management.
- Shortness of breath
- Chest tightness
- A chronic cough that may produce mucus (sputum) that may be clear, white, yellow, or greenish.
- Frequent respiratory infections
- Lack of energy
- Unintended weight loss (in later stages)
- Swelling in ankles, feet, or legs
The main cause of COPD in developed countries is tobacco smoking. Exposure to fumes from burning fuel for cooking and heating in poorly ventilated homes.
Only some chronic smokers develop clinically apparent COPD, although smokers with a lung smoking history may develop reduced lung function.
Risk Factors :
- Exposure to tobacco smoke
- People with asthma
- Occupational exposure to dust and chemicals
- Exposure to fumes from burning fuel
Homoeopathic Invention :
As per the latest research COPD may be caused by a “FRIGHT CONFLICT “.
Fright can be experienced in any life-threatening situation, for Example in the course of an accident or medical emergency.
Also, by diagnosis shock, particularly by a cancer diagnosis that hits a person like a death sentence.
Statements by physicians such as the cancer are malignant, inoperable, aggressive, invasive
Homoeopathic Approach :
Homeopathy offers a good supportive role in cases of COPD. Homeopathy can control further destruction of the tissues in the lungs. In addition, it enhances the body’s immunity.
Thus, symptomatic relief and prevention of complications are the main achievements of homeopathy
Homeopathic Medicines :
- Ammonium Carb : Ammonium Carb is one of the best medicines for treating COPD. Ammonium Carb is highly beneficial, where a person feels shortness of breath from moving even a few steps. Shortness of breath gets worse in a warm room. Open-air relieves the shortness of breath. Cough may appear with difficult breathing and it tends to get worse at night.
- Antimonium Ars : It works well in cases of emphysema with excessive dyspnea and cough. In cases needing Antimonium Arsenicosum, the difficulty in breathing is felt most on eating or lying down. Cough appears with a lot of mucus with shortness of breath. Weakness is felt in the chest.
- Carbo Veg : Dyspnea, cough, and profuse expectoration. Cough appears in violent spells. Lumps of mucus are expectorated on coughing. Expectoration may be greenish, yellow, brown, or purulent and is tough, thick. Shortness of breath arises when walking. A fullness of chest attends.
- Hepar Sulph : Dyspnea, cough, and yellowish fetid expectoration. The expectoration may be purulent, profuse, and tenacious. The symptoms tend to get worse in cold air and get better by wrapping up warmly.
For appointment please call @ 020 27455480 / +91 9405 435 981