Epistaxis (commonly known as nose-bleeding) is the loss of blood from the tissue that lines the inside of your nose.
It can occur easily because of the location of the nose and the close to the surface location of blood vessels in the lining of your nose.
- Dry air — when your nasal membranes dry out, they’re more susceptible to bleeding and infections
- Nose picking
- Sinusitis (nasal and sinus infection)
- Aspirin use
- Bleeding disorders, such as hemophilia
- Blood thinners (anticoagulants), such as warfarin and heparin
- Chemical irritants, nasal sprays
- Common cold – repeated upper respiratory tract infections
- Deviated septum
- Foreign body in the nose, Trauma to the nose
- Nasal polyps
How do I stop a nosebleed?
Follow these steps to stop a nosebleed:
- Relax do not panic.
- Sit upright and lean your body and your head slightly forward. (Do not lay flat or put your head between your legs).
- Breathe through your mouth.
- Use a tissue or damp washcloth to catch the blood.
- Use your thumb and index finger to pinch together the soft part of your nose. Make sure to pinch the soft part of the nose against the hard bony ridge that forms the bridge of the nose.
- Also, you may apply an ice pack to the bridge of your nose to further help constrict blood vessels (which will slow the bleeding) and provide comfort.
Homeopathy is highly beneficial in removing the constant tendency of epistaxis in a person and improves the overall immunity of the patients.
- Hamamelis : Hamamelis is a very good anti-hemorrhagic medicine for epistaxis. epistaxis when the blood is dark and incoagulable. There is a feeling of pressure and tightness at the root of the nose.
- Phosphorus : Phosphorus is among the best medicines to control bleeding from various body parts. Phosphorus is prescribed for bright red nasal bleeding. Phosphorus helps in reducing the tendency towards recurrent epistaxis episodes. In cases of bleeding from nasal polyps.
- Arnica : Arnica is a highly reliable and efficient treatment for epistaxis caused by an injury. It is an anti-trauma remedy. In Epistaxis from injury, a fall or a blow to the nose.
- Carbo Veg : Due to blood loss, the face of the patient appears pale. The body is cold and sweaty. Other symptoms include low vitality and exhaustion, and sometimes the patient may even collapse due to excessive blood loss.
* Note – Above medicines are for knowledge purpose only. Take the medication only after doctor’s consultation. Do not self medicate
For appointment please call @ 020 27455480 / +91 9405 435 981