Hemorrhoids / Piles
Hemorrhoids also called piles, are swollen veins in your anus and lower rectum.
Hemorrhoids can develop inside the rectum (internal hemorrhoids) or under the skin around the anus (external hemorrhoids).
These are under the skin around your anus. Signs and symptoms might include:
- Itching or irritation in your anal region
- Pain or discomfort
- Swelling around your anus
- Painless bleeding during bowel movements.
Thrombosed Hemorrhoids :
If blood pools in external hemorrhoid and forms a clot (thrombus), it can result in:
- Severe pain
- A hard lump near your anus
- Straining during bowel movements
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Having chronic diarrhea or constipation
- Being obese
- Being pregnant
- Eating a low-fiber diet
- Regular heavy lifting.
The best way to prevent hemorrhoids is to keep your stools soft, so they pass easily. To prevent hemorrhoids and reduce symptoms of hemorrhoids, follow these tips:
- Eat high-fiber foods. Eat more fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Drink six to eight glasses of water and other liquids (not alcohol) each day to help keep stools soft.
- Don’t strain.
- Go as soon as you feel the urge.
- Exercise regularly
- Avoid long periods of sitting.
Scope of Homoeopathy :
- Aesculus hippocastanum : When this remedy is needed, hemorrhoids are sore and aching, with a swollen feeling. Pain may last for hours after the bowel movements. or a feeling that a lot of small sharp sticks are inside the rectum, poking them.
- Aloes : Hemorrhoids that are swollen and protrude “like a bunch of grapes” and are soothed by cold soaks or compresses may be helped with this remedy. Hemorrhoids may alternate with diarrhea, and the person may have a lot of flatulence.
- Graphites : Relieves constipation without urges, very large and dry stools, with a feeling of heaviness in the lower abdomen, and often associated with anal itching and burning and hemorrhoids.
- Nux vomica : Relieves hemorrhoids caused by a sedentary lifestyle, and overeating and drinking, especially of spicy and rich foods and alcohol.
- Pulsatilla : When this remedy is indicated, hemorrhoids are itchy and uncomfortable, with sticking pains. This is a very helpful remedy for hemorrhoids that appear during pregnancy or around the menstrual period.
- Sulphur : Itching, burning, oozing hemorrhoids accompanied by a feeling of fullness and pressure in the abdomen suggest a need for this remedy. The anus is inflamed and red and may protrude significantly.
For appointment please call @ 020 27455480 / +91 9405 435 981