Flatulence is a buildup of gas in the digestive system that can lead to abdominal discomfort. Excessive flatulence can cause discomfort and distress. It often occurs as the result of eating certain foods, but it can be a sign of a more serious condition. In most cases, a change of diet and lifestyle can help control excessive gas.
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Lack of exercise
- Improper eating habits
- Lactose intolerance
- Underlying diseases e.g., Celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, or diverticulitis. Some types of cancer can lead to a blockage in the intestines.
- Gastroenteritis, Constipation and other intestinal infections: A viral, bacterial, or parasitic infection of the digestive system, or food poisoning,
- Laxatives: Regular and excessive use of laxatives
- Other causes include pregnancy, a hernia, pancreatitis, Hirschsprung disease, premenstrual syndrome, endometriosis, and others.
- Fullness of abdomen
Homoeopathic Approach :
Homeopathic medicines improve metabolism, strengthens the digestive system helps in digestion improves absorption of nutrients, and decrease the formation of gases. It also helps to decrease stress, anxiety one of the factors disturbing digestion causing flatulence. As the patient’s digestion improves, he feels more relieved.
- Carbo Vegetabilis: This remedy relieves bloating and gas in the stomach, with belching. Distention of stomach, eructation, with a tasting of food taken, without heartburn.
- Lycopodium: This remedy relieves discomfort and indigestion, with bloating around the waist and gas, especially after eating fermentable food like cabbage, beans, onions, or garlic.
- Natrum Carbonicum: Milk or dairy products can lead to flatulence or sputtery diarrhea that leaves an empty feeling in the stomach.
- Nuxvomica: This homeopathic remedy relieves nausea and cramps from indigestion, especially after excessive eating of spicy foods or drinking alcohol. Bloating causes pain in the abdomen.
- Pulsatilla: This helps relieve gastric discomfort caused by eating too much fatty food, cakes, and ice cream, with bloating, belching, and slow digestion. Cannot digest fatty food, warm food, and drinks.
* Note – Above medicines are for knowledge purpose only. Take the medication only after doctor’s consultation. Do not self medicate
For appointment please call @ 020 27455480 / +91 9405 435 981